There is a reason that supplication is the last of the four parts of the ACTS (adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication). Without a recognition of who God is (adoration), and an acknowledgement of who we are (confession), and a rejoicing that we are not destroyed, but saved (thanksgiving), then our prayers become hollow, and we are not worshipping God, but asking God to worship us.
Below is a prayer of supplication.
Hear my prayer, O God, give ear to my supplications! In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness! Enter not into judgment with your servant for no one living is righteous before you. For the enemy has pursued me, has crushed my life to the ground, and has made me sit in darkness like those long dead. Therefore my spirit faints within me; my heart within me is appalled. I remember the days of old, I meditate on all that you have done; I muse on what your hands have wrought, I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Make haste to answer me, O God, My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the Pit, Let me hear in the mourning of your steadfast love, for in you I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Deliver me, O God, from my enemies. I have fled to you for refuge! Teach me to do your will for you are my God! Let your good spirit lead me on a level path! Glory be to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end.
Below are some supplication scriptures to meditate on, with the direction of the Holy Spirit.
• 1 Kings 8:30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant and of thy people Israel, when they pray toward this place; yea, hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place; and when thou hearest, forgive.
• 1 Kings 8:45 then hear thou in heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.
• 1 Kings 8:52 Let thy eyes be open to the supplication of thy servant, and to the supplication of thy people Israel, giving ear to them whenever they call to thee.
• 1 Kings 8:59 Let these words of mine, wherewith I have made supplication before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, and may he maintain the cause of his servant, and the cause of his people Israel, as each day requires;
• 1 Kings 9:3 And the LORD said to him, "I have heard your prayer and your supplication, which you have made before me; I have consecrated this house which you have built, and put my name there for ever; my eyes and my heart will be there for all time.
• 2 Chronicles 6:19 Yet have regard to the prayer of thy servant and to his supplication, O LORD my God, hearkening to the cry and to the prayer which thy servant prays before thee;
• 2 Chronicles 6:24 "If thy people Israel are defeated before the enemy because they have sinned against thee, when they turn again and acknowledge thy name, and pray and make supplication to thee in this house,
• 2 Chronicles 6:29 whatever prayer, whatever supplication is made by any man or by all thy people Israel, each knowing his own affliction, and his own sorrow and stretching out his hands toward this house;
• 2 Chronicles 6:35 then hear thou from heaven their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause.
• 2 Chronicles 6:37 yet if they lay it to heart in the land to which they have been carried captive, and repent, and make supplication to thee in the land of their captivity, saying, 'We have sinned, and have acted perversely and wickedly';
• 2 Chronicles 33:13 He prayed to him, and God received his entreaty and heard his supplication and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manas'seh knew that the LORD was God.
• Esther 4:8 Mor'decai also gave him a copy of the written decree issued in Susa for their destruction, that he might show it to Esther and explain it to her and charge her to go to the king to make supplication to him and entreat him for her people.
• Psalm 6:9 The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD accepts my prayer.
• Psalm 28:2 Hear the voice of my supplication, as I cry to thee for help, as I lift up my hands toward thy most holy sanctuary.
• Psalm 102:17 he will regard the prayer of the destitute, and will not despise their supplication.
• Psalm 119:170 Let my supplication come before thee; deliver me according to thy word.
• Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of compassion and supplication, so that, when they look on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a first-born.
• Ephesians 6:18 Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
• Philippians 4:6 Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.