What do we do when we face loss
, uncertainty, calamity, or death? Where do we go for help? Who do we cling to? Throughout scriptures God tells us he is our comforter; in the New Testament, Jesus tells us God is sending us his very own Spirit to be with us and comfort us. All circumstances in our lives God has dominion over. Christ is the rock from where we are hewn, God is the Father of all mercies, He alone has a steadfast love for us.
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they me.
- The 's for Zion “Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the : look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.
- Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will them, and give them gladness for sorrow.
- God of All Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all ,
- who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to those who are in any affliction, with the with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
- Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal and good hope through grace,
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. John 14:27
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- For he is our peace; in his flesh he has made both groups into one and has broken down the dividing wall, that is, the hostility between us. Ephesians 2:14
- And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7